Who are we looking for?
Newsmatics is looking for a part-time, remote social media specialist who has a background in journalism and news reporting/producing to strategize, come up with content ideas, write Facebook and Instagram posts, gain followers, and increase engagement for two of the company’s brands–Perspectify and Affinity Group Publishing. Candidate must keep up with U.S. political news and feel comfortable engaging with followers in the comment section. You’ll work with a graphic designer to design visually-engaging posts.
The position is fully remote, so you can be located anywhere within the states of Florida or Maryland, but must be fluent in English and have excellent grammar and spelling. Hours are flexible. Looking for someone available to start in September to prepare for a Fall 2023 relaunch of the social media accounts.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop engaging social media campaigns
- Generate content ideas
- Write Facebook and LinkedIn posts
- Gain followers
- Engage with followers
- Fluency in the English language with excellent spelling and grammar skills
- Background in journalism and news reporting/producing
- Active interest and knowledge of U.S. political news
- Ability to moderate and engage in the comment sections of posts
- Experience developing and managing social media strategies across multiple platforms
- Independence, creativity, and attention to detail
What can we offer to you?
- Part-time, contract position
- An opportunity to work on innovative projects for a U.S.-based company
- Fully remote working environment
- Continuous opportunities for career growth
To apply for this position
Please send resumes, portfolio/work samples, hourly or project-based flat rate, and number of hours/week you’re available to work to email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!